Rest and Recovery
Rest and Recovery
The workouts you do are as good as the recover that follows. How can you get the best out of each session? If you are like every single triathlete as I see, the coach tells you to cool down and you skip the active recovery and start packing your stuff. You immediately rush to the car to put things away and then jump in the shower to head to work. Then a couple of days or weeks later, the athlete tells the coach, “I am hurt”, “I am injured”, “I think I pulled something” or something similar. Therefore, to prevent any of these issues to occur you need to make time to stretch.
Some key components you should keep in mind after a hard workout:
- Carbohydrate or protein in shake or smoothie
- Chocolate milk or any recovery product
- Stretching or rolling in a foam roller
- Trigger Point Foam Roller or any roller
- Ice bath or ice cold bath
- Ice Bath recipe: Fill your bath tub with room temperature water, then sink yourself until your waist and then dump the ice. Wait ten minutes, then come out of the tub and do 20 squats. Then, jump right back in for ten more minutes. However, the downfall of ice baths, is that it reduces circulation, and you don’t want that. You want circulation to increase so you can get rid of any kind of bio – product, toxins and lactate build up that your legs have been holding on to.
- NormaTec Recovery Boots
- The benefits of the NormaTex Compression boots, is that it increases circulation by the 5 different chambers that the boot has. It begins at the bottom of the ankle and gradually progresses up towards the thigh. It feels like, compression socks, massage and foam roller all at once. By doing so, it increases circulation and gets rid of all the build up in your legs and filters it through your lymphatic system. That is why it is being used by all professional athletes so they can accelerate recovery.
- Recovery Socks
- You have several compression sock you can buy, however, you have to consider the amount of compression each one has. I recommend CEP socks.
- Massage stick
- You can buy this at any running store.
It is very important that you make time to recovery and stretching. If you do so, your hard work in training will pay off.
If you are interested in using the product, we currently have the ( Eight x 30 min sessions for 100 dollars). If you are interested, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 321-443-0073,
so we can schedule your first appointment.
Also, if you are interested in purchasing a device, you can get $100 dollars off with the discount code TriPeak14 and you can also finance for 6 months.