I hope you all had an amazing New Years! Now it is time to get your resolutions in writing.
- Step #1: What are your goals?
- Write them down in a piece of paper and put them in your fridge.
- How are you going to achieve them?
- Are you going to do it alone? (You know for a fact that you need someone to hold you accountable.)
- Stop making excuses!!!!
- Step 2: Are you motivated and dedicated?
- You might have signed up for a race cause you got motivated cause your friends signed up for it! However, it takes dedication to take the training in. So, take your calendar aside and schedule your training in.Don’t let anything get in the way!
- Talk with your coach to go over on what is realistic and expectations in reference to training.
- Are you motivated enough to clean up your eating habits!
- Step #3: You eat to train, you don’t train to eat!
- You are not a dog! So, you don’t have to reward yourself with food! Make wise choices!
- Cut the crap out of your life! No more excuses!
We will be hosting a progression of swim clinics. The Swim Clinic will be held at the Downtown YMCA. You will need to bring your swim suit, goggles, pull bouy, fins and paddles. Only the first 25 athletes will be registered for the clinic. If there is more than 25 people who register, you will be placed on a waiting list. You will need to attend all clinics as this is a progression course. If you cannot commit to all clinics, you will not be added to the list. This is geared to all level of athletes. This will be held on the following dates:
- January 7, 2016 – 2 pm
- Module 1: Introduction to Swimming (Breathing, Floating, Kicking)
- February 11, 2016 – 2 pm
- Module 2: Gliding and Breathing – A
- February 18, 2016 – 2 pm
- Module 2: Gliding and Breathing – B
- March 4, 2016 – 2 pm
- Module 3: Hand movement and Stroke – A
- March 11, 2016 – 2 pm
- Module 3: Hand and Leg Coordination