Healthy Eating for a Triathlete – Breakfast
I normally include veggies on everything! Especially for breakfast I will include a lot of spinach and kale. However, for today’s meal, I decided to stick with the following ingredients:
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp of bacon bits
- 6 medium size asparagus
- 1/4 cup of green peppers
- 1/4 cup of portabella sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 of a 1/4 cup of Julianne diced sun dried tomatoes
- 1 cup of broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1/4 of organic vegetable broth low sodium
- 2 tbsp of Yeast Seasoning
- 1 tsp Coconut Aminos
- 1 tsp of pepper
- 1 tbsp of goat cheese
- In a medium size pan, place 1 tbsp of coconut oil to heat. When the pan is hot, place the mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes, green pepper and bacon.
- After it is cooked, throw in the asaparagus and the broccoli florets.
- After 2 minutes in medium heat, add the coconut aminos and the vegetable broth. Cover for three more minutes at medium heat. Stir occasionally.
- After the broccoli and asparagus are cooked remove the lid and allow the broth to evaporate.
- Add the Yeast and stir.
- On a separate pan, add 1 tsp of coconut oil. After the pan is hot, place two whole cage free eggs. You will cook them over easy. I normally place a lid on the pan to cook faster.
- Place food and plate and garnish it with 1 tbsp of Goat Cheese.
Hector L Torres
USAT Elite Coach, USAC Lv 2, USAS and USATF & MS
Tri Peak Athlete, LLC