Healthy Eating Triathlete – Veggie Scramble
Great swim this morning! Did a total of 2500 yards, I was 1000 yards, but I will finish it later today. Was in the mood of veggie egg white scramble when I got home. So here is the recipe:
Veggie Egg White Scramble
- 6 Egg whites or 6 servings of egg whites in a box
- 2 cups of spinach
- 1/4 cup of portabella mushrooms
- 1/4 cup of diced onions
- 1/4 cup of diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of broccoli sprouts
- 1 tbsp of goat cheese
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp of pepper
- 1/4 cup of organic vegetable broth low sodium
- Heat a medium sauce pan with 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Sauté onions, mushrooms and tomatoes.
- After caramelizing, please add the spinach.
- Stir in the spinach and add the 1/4 cup of vegetable broth.
- After cooking, add the egg whites.
- Stir occasionally until cooked and then serve.
- Add 1/2 of broccoli sprouts* and 1 tbsp of goat cheese for garnish.
- *The broccoli spouts taste bland, but they are good for you. So suck it up and eat it.
Created by Hector L Torres