Favorite Track Workout
One of my favorite workouts in the track is a Fartlek Workout aka ‘Speed Play’. Fartlek running involves varying your pace throughout your run, alternating between fast segments and slow jogs.
- Warm up:
- 10 min easy run
- Dynamic Warm up exercises
- Strides ( Please followi the strides exercises.)
- 4 x 100 yards build with 1 jog recovery
- 3 min easy run
- Main Set:
- 15 x 1 min with (1:00 Jog Recovery)
- Run all main set intervals at as fast a pace as you can maintain with good form. Attempt to run final effort as quickly or faster than the first.
- Cool Down:
- Tip: to run even pace requires an increase in effort. You will learn how to pace your effort inthis workout.