It is the fall Squash is in season. There is a lot of health benefits of eating Acorn Squash, such as:
- Acorn Squash Enhances Skin – Research Link
- Regulates Blood Pressure – Research Link
- Enhances Vision – Research Link
- Strengthen Bones
- Acorn Squash Helps Manage Diabetes
- Acorn squashes are rich in dietary fibres and are a non-nutrient substance that helps add bulk to the diet. Furthermore, it clears the digestive tract and helps decrease the symptoms of constipation, stomach cramping, and diarrhoea bloating.
- Acorn Squash Reduces Inflammation – Link
Easy Air Fryer Recipe
- 1 Acorn Squash – Split in half and remove seeds
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Mrs Dash for taste
- Salt and Pepper for taste
- PreHeat air fryer for 3 min at 390 degrees.
- After removing the seeds of the acorn squash, brush olive oil in each shell. Season with Mrs. Dash, salt and pepper for taste.
- Set on air fryer for 15 min.
- After cooking, pierce and see how soft is the interior. Allow to cool and serve. Great for post workout meal.