Good evening team,
What an amazing week! Can you believe that our Holiday party is next Sunday!
Congratulations to all of the athletes who raced this past weekend:
- Ironman 70.3
Very proud of all of you!
Holiday Savage Run – 1st Annual Event
Sunday, December 18, 2022 – 6 am – Lake Eola
I want to make this event a fun bad ass event! Please bring your favorite Tri Club shirt and enjoy the 6 laps challenge. Make sure to bring a gel, electrolytes and water!
CFL Tri Club Holiday Party – Dec 18, 2022 – 5:00 pm
e to show off your culinary streak by whipping up some family delicacy, or something holiday themed. It’s a laid back contest where everyone is the judge.
There will be three categories of prizes –
- Most Creative/Best Holiday Theme
- Best Tasting Food or Drink
- Best Tasting Dessert
We have hosted this party in the past, and had some great entries, like “Dasher’s Disaster”, meatloaf shaped like a reindeer that had been run over by a Jeep, or “Whoa, Whoa, WHOA!”, a complete gingerbread house with Santa and his reindeer piled up on the front lawn.
You are not required to bring a homemade dish, and don’t worry, if you just want to bring something store bought; that’s fine too.
For you competitors, here are a few hints –
- Make your dish easy to eat. Finger foods works well, or something that is easy to divide up.
- Make enough food, but smaller portions, I’m sure there will be a lot to eat.
- Bring what you need to serve your food, and serving utensils.
- This is one party where arriving early is preferable. Food should be presented and ready to eat at 5:30, as judging will commence at that time.
- Seconds and thirds are encouraged, especially when trying to decide on who to vote for but let everyone get a taste…no fair trying to eat all of the competition.
Here is a hint for the more competitive in the bunch: Making it “showy” with a cute name – it tends to influence the judges.
There will be trivia awards too!!!