Internship Opportunity: Strength Conditioning / Sports Marketing
Internship opportunities were designed to give college students the opportunity to gain a more accurate understanding of what it takes to work in the fitness industry. By working closely with this company our interns gain firsthand experience in the professional fitness industry. All internships positions are unpaid and must receive academic credit.
- Assist with marketing, advertising of training, website, camps, clinics, seminars
- Assist with creating new profitable training programs for parents, athletes, coaches
- Assist with camps/clinics as deemed necessary by Director
- Assist with daily maintenance of facility (including, but not limited to cleaning equipment, taking out garbage, etc.)
- Assist with daily business operations (billing, ordering, expenses, membership sales, sales tracking, inventory management, etc.)
- Assist with Newsletter (distribution, writing articles, etc.)
- Assist with various forums, video channels, etc. that Tri Peak Athlete, LLC has a relationship with
- Assist with website development, promotion and maintenance
- Assist with athlete evaluations (learn all aspects of evaluations; perform evaluations with individual athletes and/or teams)
- Assist with athlete programming and coaching (evaluation, program design and implementation)
- Guide/Coach athletes on floor during workouts (program implementation)
- Assist with video production, photographs for marketing, etc.
- Present on performance related topics at various camps, clinics and/or seminars
- Attend various business meetings with Director (pertaining to performance advisory council, marketing, finance, etc.)
- Applicants should be competent in general exercise physiology and kinesiology
- Applicants should be well versed in a variety of training techniques
- Applicants should be professional, clean, honest, and responsible
- Applicants should be good at time management
- Applicants should be eager to learn and accepting of constructive criticism
- Applicants must be comfortable interacting with others (athletes, parents, coaches, etc.)
- Applicants should be comfortable speaking to groups
Background & Requirements:
- Bachelor/Graduate degree or working towards a degree in sport management, marketing and/or in appropriate field, organizational, communication and public relations skills.
- To be eligible for the internship program, students must have completed at least two years of college before the start of the internship and be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at an accredited United States college or university. Internships are competitive.
- Must possess a strong work ethic and eagerness to work in the sports industry.
The intern is frequently required to work early morning, weekends, and extended hours.
- Must be a local candidate with reliable transportation.
- We expect the intern to work in the office a minimum of 15 hours a week, and maximum of 32 hours.
- Interested Candidates should submit the following required materials: (1) a cover
letter indicating interest in the position; (2) complete resume (3) a list of three
professional references via-email to: firstname.lastname@example.org